Banner Image

Blog

Jury finds against Anesthesiologist after Patient is left Paralyzed

In Minneapolis, Minnesota, a jury has awarded $9.1 million to a former auto mechanic who was left paralyzed due to the malpractice of an anesthesiologist. When the man underwent surgery to have a perforated bowel repaired, the anesthesiologist left him dangerously dehydrated, causing his spinal cord to receive inadequate blood flow and leaving him with permanent injury. Prior to the injury, the man ran his own business, which he was forced to sell due to loss of mobility and strength in his legs. The man is hopeful that the jury’s award will provide the resources necessary for him to live an independent life and obtain the expensive therapy he needs to possibly improve his condition.

Read the article at Crookston Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *