Thomas W. Keilty
Clients turn to Thomas (Tj) Keilty when they need a compassionate and experienced attorney who can help them gain justice after a devastating injury or accident. His passion for understanding the integration between science and the law allows him unique insights as he advocates for victims of malpractice or defective products. He brings a calming demeanor and a balanced approach as he helps clients reach resolution of their claims.
Tj has a record of achieving successful results in a variety of litigation matters. His work on behalf of injured victims includes claims relating to environmental disasters, defective drugs and medical devices, defective products, construction defects and medical malpractice. Notably, as a law clerk, Tj served as an integral part of a trial team that obtained a $1.5 billion trial verdict against a Fortune 500 company for contamination of a community groundwater supply.
With a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Tj blends his unique, specialized scientific knowledge with his legal acumen. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore in 2013. While attending law school in the evenings, Tj worked as a law clerk with The Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos and interned with The Honorable Clayton Greene, Jr., of the Maryland Court of Appeals.
- Medical Malpractice Claims
- Personal Injury
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2013
- James Madison University, B.S. in Kinesiology, 2008
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
HONORS & AWARDS
- VIP List, The Daily Record – 2018
- Rising Stars, Baltimore Business Journal – 2015
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Personal Injury Section
- Maryland State Bar Association
- MSBA Young Lawyers Section Council, Co-Chair Technology Committee
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ), Trial Reporter Committee
- Scleroderma Foundation DC/MD/VA Chapter, Board Member
- Living Classrooms Foundation, Associate Leadership Council